Re: August 2008 SIKM Call: Marc Solomon of PRTM - Content Supply? Meet Knowledge Demand! The Case for Knowledge Planners #monthly-call

Marc Solomon <spinvillage@...>

SIKMers,

As follow-up to last week's "densely delivered" one-way discussion on
Knowledge Planning I've blogged some of the presentation notes for
the purpose of sparking the responses that had no chance to air on
our call last week. The first two posts can be found at:

http://attspin.blogspot.com/2008/08/case-for-knowledge-planners-sikm-
forum.html
http://attspin.blogspot.com/2008/08/case-for-knowledge-planners-part-
2.html

For the purposes of continuity and mapping can attendees post any
questions or comments to this thread instead of the blog?

Thanks for your participation,

Marc Solomon
spinvillage@...
http://attspin.blogspot.com
617.549.9022

--- In sikmleaders@..., "Stan Garfield"
<stangarfield@...> wrote:

TO: SIKM Leaders Community

Today we held our 37th monthly call, this one with Marc Solomon of
PRTM
on "Content Supply? Meet Knowledge Demand! The Case for Knowledge
Planners."

Marc's presentation is available at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sikmleaders/files/Content%20Supply%
20and%2&#92;
0Knowledge20Demand.pdf
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sikmleaders/files/Content%20Supply%
20and%&#92;
20Knowledge20Demand.pdf> . The call was recorded and can be
listened
to at http://www.divshare.com/download/5207514-648
<http://www.divshare.com/download/5207514-648> .

Thanks to Marc for presenting. Here is a comment from a
participant:

* "I'm right in the middle of a 'what's the use of that?'
discussion
regarding some KM initiatives in their early, vulnerable stages, so
this
call, as always, was encouraging."

You can continue the discussion in the Yahoo! Group by replying to
this
thread.

If you are willing to give a presentation on a future call, please
send
a note to stangarfield@...
postID=lM8V8gFhJnuT&#92;
NLh1T61getRn5c6Wctt0yw_F3xNrAut8CjdhB8HRCM9EyH7nB0FLs6DlwMfHgSo7XD4sOy
c>
with the topic and the desired month.

Future Calls

* September 16, 2008: Hubert Saint-Onge - "Collaboration and
the New
Enterprise"
* October 21, 2008: Richard McDermott - "Developing, Deepening
and
Retaining Expertise"
* November 18, 2008: John Hovell of ManTech - "KM at ManTech
International"
* December 16, 2008 Raj Datta of MindTree - "Building a
knowledge
ecosystem"
* January 20, 2009 Bernadette Boas - "Day in the Life of
Business
Workflow"
* February 17, 2009 Arthur Shelley - "Impacts of behavior on
project
outcomes (with an emphasis on knowledge transfer)"
* March 17, 2009 Al Simard - "Knowledge services framework
developed
by Natural Resources Canada"

Regards,
Stan

Community Information

* Yahoo! Groups team space
<http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sikmleaders/>
* Files (including all presentations)
* Minutes from Previous Calls
<http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sikmleaders/database?
method=reportRo&#92;
ws&tbl=1&sortBy=1&sortDir=up>
* Member list
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sikmleaders/files/Community%20of%
20Consul&#92;
ting%20%20SI%20KM%20Leaders%20%20-%20Member%20List.doc>

How to change your email address:

When joining this community, you may have thought that you needed
to use
a Yahoo! email address. In fact, you can use any email address you
like.
If you used an email address which you don't regularly check, and
would
like to change to a better one, follow these instructions.

* Under Email Address:
* Choose the email address that you would like group messages
sent
to (you can add an email address if the one you want is not listed).
* Click on a valid email address.
* Click on the blue "Save Changes" button at the bottom.