From: sswarup44 [mailto:sswarup44@...]
Sent: Friday, 21 July 2006 2:08 AM
To: sikmleaders@...
Subject: [sikmleaders] Re: template to capture success stories

Marilyn,

In addition to Stan's commnents, I would like to add the following:

1. Before you get hung up on the format, make sure you have a robust
process for capturing and sharing the knowledge.

2. Technology is merely the enabler.

3. Start small get some early successes before you roll-out to
enterprise level.

4. Input form must have some way of capturing value -- see my
presentation for details -- leadership always wants to know value.

5. Start with some people who are really passionate about capturing
and sharing knowledge.

Sanjay Swarup

--- In sikmleaders@yahoogroups.com, "Stan Garfield"
...> wrote:

> Here are my suggestions:
>
> What challenges did you face?
>
> How did you use the community to address these challenges?
>
> What was the outcome?
>
> What benefits did you realize from using the community? (time
saved,
> costs avoided, incremental revenue, problems avoided, increased
customer
> satisfaction, accelerated delivery, innovation, process
improvement,
> etc.)
>
> What benefits did the community and your organization derive?
>
> What alternatives (instead of using the community) did you
consider?
> Which alternatives did you try?
>
> If you did not use the community, how do you think the outcome
would
> have been different?
>

> Regards,
>
> Stan
>

> --- In sikmleaders@yahoogroups.com, "Perry, Marilyn L"
> > wrote:
> >
> > Loretta,
> > I am looking for a template designed to capture knowledge in a
format
> > that could be used to create a story. I want to know the context
where
> > the sharing took place and some of the feelings involved. For
example
> > good lead in would be:
> >
> > "While working feverishly to complete or get the system back up.
One
> of
> > my colleagues suggested that I send out a message through his
> community
> > to find out if anyone had dealt with something similar. "
> >
> > I'd also like the template to include the who, what, why , where
and
> an
> > estimate of the value of the sharing. Hope that helps. Thanks
> >

> > Marilyn
> > Marilyn Louise Perry, Ph.D.
> > Office of the CIO
> > Phone: 916-393-8242 (Sacramento,CA)
> > marilyn.perry@
> > EDS Communities.............connecting people to people.
> > https://knowledgecentre.eds.com/sites/kc49/default.aspx

information so