Re: Proposed KM resources #resources #definition

William Ives <iveswilliam@...>

I always liked Tom Davenport and Larry Prusack's Working Knowledge. For many years I recommended it to people as a good intro to the subject. Now I really like Tom's new book. Thinking for a Living.  With the advent of web 2.0 I think what we think KM is will change and a new set of books will emerge. 

On Aug 12, 2006, at 8:23 AM, Chris Riemer wrote:

As far as books, I would add:

The Knowledge Creating Company: How Japanese Companies Create the Dynamics of Innovation, by Ikujiro Nonaka and Hirotaka Takeuchi; Oxford University Press, 1995. It's not a light read, but it's got a great sense of scope and it was one of those seminal KM works in my opinion.

Intellectual Capital: The New Wealth of Organizations, by Thomas A Stewart; Currency/Doubleday, 1997. This was the book that really got me excited about KM, and turned my own career in that direction. So I recommend it to everybody.

I'd also recommend Stewart's second book, which is The Wealth of Knowledge: Intellectual Capital and the Twenty-first Century Organization; Currency/Doubleday 2001.

Regards,

Chris

Chris Riemer
Principal
Knowledge Street LLC
+1 973 292 2949

PS: Of course, Knowledge Street LLC also has an entertaining monthly e-newsletter on this topic ;-)http://tinyurl.com/elzew

From: sikmleaders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sikmleaders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of sswarup44
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 2:33 PM
To: sikmleaders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [sikmleaders] Proposed KM resources

As part of our Employee Development Program, we are in the process of
reviewing and updating our list of KM learning resources for KM
newcomers as well as advanced KM practitioners.

1. We are curious about your approach to KM learning resources.

2. We would like to know your list of recommended KM learning
resources.

(Some of the proposed top 5-10 KM learning resources are listed in the
file that I have posted)

Thanks

Join main@SIKM.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.