Re: Proposed KM resources #resources #definition

William Ives <iveswilliam@...>

I always liked Tom Davenport and Larry Prusack's Working Knowledge. For many years I recommended it to people as a good intro to the subject. Now I really like Tom's new book. Thinking for a Living.  With the advent of web 2.0 I think what we think KM is will change and a new set of books will emerge.

On Aug 12, 2006, at 8:23 AM, Chris Riemer wrote:

As far as books, I would add:

The Knowledge Creating Company: How Japanese Companies Create the Dynamics of Innovation, by Ikujiro Nonaka and Hirotaka Takeuchi; Oxford University Press, 1995. It's not a light read, but it's got a great sense of scope and it was one of those seminal KM works in my opinion.

Intellectual Capital: The New Wealth of Organizations, by Thomas A Stewart; Currency/Doubleday, 1997. This was the book that really got me excited about KM, and turned my own career in that direction. So I recommend it to everybody.

I'd also recommend Stewart's second book, which is The Wealth of Knowledge: Intellectual Capital and the Twenty-first Century Organization; Currency/Doubleday 2001.

Regards,

Chris

Chris Riemer
Principal