Re: SharePoint & Metadata Management #SharePoint #metadata

jacobboone <jacob.mcnulty@...>

Hi Matt - I'm not sure of the broader scope of your project so this may be too robust but Tomoye makes a product that uses taxonomy management as a key component to supporting CoPs and it's tightly integrated with SharePoint. You can see a video and more info here:

http://www.tomoye.com/products%20community%20for%20sharepoint.html

Jacob

Jacob McNulty :: President
Orbital RPM
www.orbitalrpm.com

--- In sikmleaders@yahoogroups.com, Matt Moore <laalgadger@...> wrote:

Hi,

I am working on a Sharepoint intranet project and we're looking at metadata management - esp. tools that help with taxonomy mgt with SP 2007 - as the out of the box functionality is weak in this area.

Through TaxoCoP, we've identified the following products as potentially useful in this space:
- Kwizcom Sharepoint Tagging Feature
- SharePartXXL Taxonomy Extension
- Smartlogic Semaphore MOSS
- conceptClassifer for Sharepoint
- Synaptica
- Wordmap MOSS 2007 Taxonomy Connector
- SchemaLogic Connector for Sharepoint
- SchemaLogix MetaPoint
- ConnectBeam Spotlight

Does anyone have any experience with these products or are there others they might suggest?

Regards,

Matt