Re: June 2009 SIKM Call: Bill Kaplan - Managing the Risk of Knowledge Loss Due to Workforce Attrition #monthly-call #knowledge-retention

Murray Jennex

I have a paper in review that proposes a knowledge loss risk assessment process.  It extends on the nuclear industry's process and is individual specific rather than position specific and uses a scoring system to determine knowledge capture actions.  I am willing to share the finalized conference paper (for AMCIS in August) but it does not include the scoring system (that is a journal paper still under review).  I am also willing to share a presentation I made on this topic last February to the insurance industry at the LOMA conference in San Diego.  Let me know if interested....murray jennex

In a message dated 6/16/2009 2:54:07 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, tman9999@... writes:
Today's call with Bill Kaplan was timely and interesting - nice presentation, Bill!  Having left Gartner a month ago I've spent the last couple weeks regrouping and researching where the business world is these days with regard to this issue.  Previous to Gartner my role with PG&E was as an internal consulting principal responsible for developing and implementing a risk mitigation strategy to address the aging workforce issue, so it is an area I have spent a good deal of time and energy working on.

In researching this topic now it appears that interest in it has grown a good bit in the year since I last looked at it closely.  While it is still early days in my search for my next position, I am interested in discussing opportunities in consulting, either as an internal/staffer or external.  If anyone has any leads or info on companies or firms that are interested in pursuing it I would welcome the opportunity to discuss further. I can bring to the table intellectual capital and experience as well as some ideas for business case development that could be used to build a new practice or support existing practice growth.

Thanks.
-Tom Short