Re: June 2009 SIKM Call: Bill Kaplan - Managing the Risk of Knowledge Loss Due to Workforce Attrition #monthly-call #knowledge-retention

katepugh <katepugh@...>

Murray -
I'm keen on seeing this! It sounds great.  As you might remember, Nancy Dixon and I have a "facilitated knowledge harvesting" process that gets the knowledge-brokers involved in the knowledge-elicitation event (knowledge-brokers are those who carry knowledge into the organization).  Both the brokers and the sponsors participate in the selection of the harvest, and it would be great to have some useful structures for helping them to prioritize different types of knowledge/types of knowledge originators.

Here's a quick overview of the facilitated knowledge harvesting process:
Thank you for sharing this!

Kate

Katrina Pugh
781-538-5262 (office)
617-967-3910 (mobile)

In a message dated 06/18/09 02:29:40 Eastern Daylight Time, murphjen writes:

Nice presentation on the problem, I do have a process for assessing the risk of losing critical knowledge due to retirement, attrition, etc if anyone is interested.  The process has been piloted and seems to work as a way of identifying key individuals for focusing knowledge capture actions.  The process is under review at a journal but I do have a conference paper that can be shared and a presentation made to the Insurance industry if anyone is interested...murray

Murray E. Jennex, Ph.D., P.E., CISSP, CSSLP
San Diego State University
Editor in Chief International Journal of Knowledge Management

In a message dated 6/17/2009 6:07:12 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, stangarfield@gmail.com writes:

TO: SIKM Leaders Community

This revised post contains the correct link for the recording.