Re: Knowledge capture and the retrieval of knowledge exchanged during conferences #conferences #tools #knowledge-capture

Randy Adkins

We have used Captivate software to capture both the presentation slides and audio including questions and answers at some of our conferences.  That content was then placed on the web on our CoP for access by members to listen to the audio along with the slides.  We found it very successful because the audio provides the rich discussion that takes place during the presentation.  We went back even a year later to harvest some of the content for other purposes and having the audio along with the slides was essential.

Randy Adkins

From: mzaharee
To: sikmleaders@...
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 10:55:50 AM
Subject: [sikmleaders] knowledge capture and the retrieval of knowledge exchanged during conferences

I'm conducting a quick look assessment to determine what collaborative tools can be used to improve both the knowledge capture and the retrieval of knowledge exchanged during conferences/ meetings/ corporate events, etc. Is anyone familiar with any recent studies on web 2.0 tool usage trends in these settings? Would you mind sharing what best practices exist in your own companies.