Re: Knowledge capture and the retrieval of knowledge exchanged during conferences #conferences #tools #knowledge-capture

John D. Smith <john.smith@...>

There is a cluster of practices being tagged as "socialreporting" that have a lot of potential for adding to and reshaping conferences.

An interesting story about the democratization of video.  I asked my friend Beverly Trayner what video camera I should buy.  She replied that instead of having a fancy one, she shows up with four cheap Flip cameras and lends them to people who then other people in a conference.  The trick for a big conference is to get the interviews posted really fast so that people can follow up face-to-face during the conference.

John
*
* John D. Smith ~ Voice: 503.963.8229 ~ Skype & Twitter: smithjd
* Portland, Oregon, USA  http://www.learningAlliances.net
* “Can't ask newspapers to invent craigslist...” Clay Shirky