Re: Microblogging in the Enterprise? #Yammer #ESN

Bill Ives <iveswilliam@...>

Dave

Many of the vendors have recognized this and are incorporating Twitter like functionality into their collaboration platforms. Some, such as Newsgator integrate with Sharepoint, other such as Manymoon, integrate with Google Apps.

see  Rise of Micro-messaging in Enterprise Collaboration Platforms

On Jul 28, 2009, at 11:33 AM, Hodgson, David wrote:

We’re really interested in using Yammer and have a few people on it already.

BUT, it’s yet another user interface, another site, another URL for people to remember and interact with!

It’d be great if someone would reverse-engineer the core functionality into SharePoint so we can have micro-blogging functionality in the same collaboration system…

Cheers,

Dave.

--

Dave Hodgson

Global Head, Scientific Knowledge Exchange
Roche Palo Alto LLC

david.hodgson@roche.com