From: sikmleaders@... [mailto:sikmleaders@...] On Behalf Of Matt Moore
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 12:45 AM
To: sikmleaders@...; ActKM Discussion List; KM for Development
Subject: [sikmleaders] Knowledge Maps

Hello,

I am interested in knowledge mapping exercises that organisations have engaged in (& apologies to Stan for cross-posting, there is a reason tho).

The key things I am after are:
- What the purpose behind the exercise was.
- What techniques were used.
- What the outputs looked like (obviously there may be confidentiality issues here).
- What was then done with the outputs & what impact they had.

I'm currently doing some work with a client who have different groups all producing things they call "knowledge maps". Each group are doing this for different reasons & using techniques - and hence getting different outputs.

While I encourage then to focus on the "why", it's tweaked my curiosity & I'd like to see other examples of these things.

I may produce a "knowledge map gallery/atlas" if I get sufficient responses (& obviously confidential responses won't go in that).

Cheers,

Matt