Re: Request for strategy assistance #strategy

Patrick Lambe

This is an excellent set of slides, Stan.

Jason, the important thing to note is that the focus is on corporate goals/objectives (see Stan's slide 6), and then you/your management team asks the question, how can KM interventions support the achievement of these goals?

It's quite easy to get distracted by this new beast "KM" and focus on it, rather than on the corporate goals it's supposed to be enabling. This extends to the language you use. Keep bringing it back to the goals you are furthering, and you'll be on reasonably solid ground.

I have used an adapted form of the Mauborgne and Kim Strategy Canvas (from their book Blue Ocean Strategy) with senior management teams, to map how knowledge supports each of their corporate goals, what gaps need to be met, and what should be prioritised. Happy to describe this further offline.

Patrick Lambe

Have you seen our KM Method Cards or
Organisation Culture Cards?

On Apr 7, 2010, at 6:44 AM, StanGarfield wrote:

The slides that I recently presented to KM Chicago may be helpful. They are taken from my book.