Re: Knowledge Workers? #workplace

Murray Jennex

John has attended many of our KM sessions at HICSS and I've had the pleasure of conversing.  Our group at HICSS tends to agree with John only in a reverse way, we just consider everyone a knowledge worker to some degree.  A few months ago I mentioned my knowledge loss risk process and the funny thing when we piloted it was that the long term executive secretary scored very high on the potential to be a loss of knowledge should she leave, it kind of surprised the clients...murray

In a message dated 4/6/2010 12:34:43 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, fred@... writes:
John Seely Brown is one of the authors of a very interesting piece at this link:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/harvardbusiness?sid=H12a9b09b214df3fdba284650b69531c4

It calls into question the validity and utility of identifying people as knowledge workers.

Fred Nickols
fred@...