Re: Request for strategy assistance #strategy

Stephen Bounds

Patrick's comments about ensuring that your strategy ties in to the broader business objectives is spot on.

Also, just to follow on from Fred's comments about strategy -- if you've never written a strategy document before then it can be a bit daunting.

When I first switched from a technical position into a management role a few years back, I documented some of the lessons I learnt at the time as a "Business Basics" series on my blog: http://bounds.net.au/node/5

In particular, you might find the article "Writing a strategy document" to be useful.

I'm by no means an expert but these resources got me started at a time when I felt like I had been thrown in the deep end!

Cheers,
-- Stephen.

On 7/04/2010 2:49 AM, Fred wrote:

Jason:

I think you've gotten some good responses re "KM Strategy" so I'll go up
a click to strategy itself. Strategy, along with tactics, is a means to
an end; it speaks to how a particular goal or objective will be
attained. So you have to be clear about the ends in order to formulate a
strategy.