Re: Stop the nonsense, KM doesn't exist. - blog from the ALkaME Research Group #research #name

StevenWieneke <swieneke@...>

Tom,

Coincidently, I am just finishing a presentation for the Chicago Symposium titled "Which comes first learning or knowledge?" In my practice, I emphasize enterprise learning and knowledge awareness. The essence of enterprise learning is someone besides the initial learner adopts then adapts the new learning or the prevention to a lesson. Like Accenture's "social learning," enterprise learning is outcome based. I have also found "learning" is valued, easily understood and embraced than the term "knowledge management." A sustained, visible enterprise learning process requires managing the enterprise's knowledge (intellectual capital). The reverse is not necessarily true. To your point, knowledge often exists in an enterprise without the "enterprise learning."

Steve