Re: Hole in the Bucket #wikis #tools

Nerida Hart

Hi everyone

I am involved in managing the Information and Knowledge Resource Kit (www.rkrk.ne.au) which was originally developed as part of the Knowledge for Regional Natural Resource Management Program at Land & Water Australia (abolished in June 2009 by the Australian government ).  This resource has been taken over by the Australian River Restoration Centre (www.arrc.com.au) and is built on mediawiki.  As the IKRK already has a library of KM resources this would be a simple task to add the Knowledge Bucket.

I am happy to discuss this further to work out how we could facilitate this.  The ARRC is a not for profit and would probably require some sort of small recompense to do this but we can discuss this fuether once we have more detail.

Warm regards

Nerida Hart

On 12 October 2010 22:07, Cory Banks <cory.banks@...> wrote:
Some of you would be aware of the Knowledge Bucket (knowledgebucket.wik.is) that we kicked off nearly two years ago and many KM practitioners have signed up to and contributed.

It was with great shock that I received an email from Mindtouch (wik.is providers) telling me that their free service is being switched off at the end of November.

I am treating this as an opportunity and seek your advice and experience in how we move forward.

My questions are as follows. Please respond to one or more that you feel you can contribute to.

  1. Is there an existing repository that we can migrate the content to?

  2. What sort of platform should we consider for kbucket II ? (Wiki, collaboration space etc...)

  3. What free, hosted, wysiwyg wiki/content management tool experiences have you had?

  4. Would you be interested and available to help with the design and migration to the new improved bucket?

Thanks

Cory Banks

Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/corza/
Blog: http://corzandeffect.wordpress.com/

--
Nerida Hart
HartKnowledge Consulting

"People who think things are either black or white miss out on the many wonderful shades of grey"

Mother Theresa:  “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”