Re: Alumni networks... Knowledge retention strategy or Social club? #knowledge-retention

Stan Garfield

Matt, I agree. A current example is that I replied to Birgit's post
because we were colleagues at HP. I would be unlikely to reply to the
same question in the context of a network run by HP.

So communities like SIKM Leaders can achieve results if the right
colleagues are members. Thanks for the insight.

--- Matt Moore wrote:
I would observe that I have comparatively little loyalty to my former
employers. However I have a lot of loyalty to my former colleagues.
Which leads to wonder whether organizations should run alumni programmes
themselves or simply provide tools and opportunities that allow their
current employees to stay in contact with their former ones.