October 2006 SIKM Call: Mike Koffman/Jillian Darwish/Matt Saddle - How to leverage public education by means of a collaboration strategy #monthly-call #schools
Today we held our 17th monthly call. Here is a summary.
1. Randy Adkins (new member)
2. Tom Barfield
3. Graeme Burton
4. Murray Clark
5. Jim Coogan
6. Jillian Darwish (new member)
7. Stan Garfield
8. Carol Gillis
9. Brian Gorman
10. Marti Heyman
11. Linda Hummel
12. Bill Kaplan
13. Bruce Karney
14. Mike Koffman
15. John McQuary (new member)
16. Mark Neff
17. Sarah Oldrin
18. Eve Porter-Zuckerman
19. Chris Riemer
20. Matt Saddler (guest presenter)
21. David Smith
22. Reed Stuedemann
23. Rick Wallace
24. Peter West
25. Kyle Wilson (guest presenter)
Today's topic was "How to leverage public education by means of a collaboration strategy" and was presented by Mike Koffman, Jillian Darwish, and Matt Saddler. Their presentations are available at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sikmleaders/files/
· Mike: PSEEDBoston 10_12 version2.EXE
· Jillian: EKN SIKM Presentation.pdf
· Matt: TCSC-ClassroomCollaboration.pdf
Thanks to the presenters for sharing their excellent work with us. Here are some positive comments I received after the call.
From: Coogan, Jim [ jim.coogan@... ]
I was on the call today. Great material.
From: Martha Heyman [ mkheyman.PHENA@... ]
Thanks for organizing the call. Very interesting!
Partner and Managing Director
Phena Partners LLC
From: Eve Porter Zuckerman [ EPorter@... ]
Thanks again for arranging the monthly calls. They're enormously helpful.
Director of Knowledge Management
From: Gillis, Carol
I really liked the Knowledge Foundation presentation. Good food for thought…
HP Americas C&I Knowledge Mgmt and Communications
And here is a message from one of our members which I would like to share with the entire community.
From: Raj Datta [ rajd@... ]
Just thought I would share some good news with you – we have just won the Indian MAKE Award. This is significant for us as we are still a relatively small privately held firm and the MAKE process favors larger firms (since it’s a perception study and the panel is composed of reps from the largest firms.)
As a friend in the KM world, you’ve had a hand in inspiring us so thought I would share this with you. You can see the press release here:
· November 21, 2006: Peter West - "Nurturing Trust - Leveraging Knowledge"
· December 19, 2006: Patti Anklam - "Models for creating different types of networks, inside and outside of organizations"
· January 16, 2007: Christian De Neef - "Hiding KM for success"
· February 20, 2007: Lynn Busby - "Generational cultures and how they impact the way we work together"
· March 20, 2007: Marilyn Martiny - "Collaboration across the demand chain: customers and suppliers"
· April 17, 2007: Verna Allee - “Modeling Complexity with Value Network Analysis”
· May 15, 2007: Steve Wieneke and Karla Phlypo - "KM Domain"
· June 19, 2007: Greg Reid - "KM for Call Centers"
· July 17, 2007: Rick Wallace - "KM at APC"
· August 21, 2007: Shawn Callahan - "Business narrative experiences at Anecdote"
· September 18, 2007: Patrick Lambe
If you are willing to give a presentation on a future call, please send a note to stanley.garfield@... with the topic and the desired month.
Yahoo! Groups team space http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sikmleaders/