Re: KM & "culture" #culture

Chris Collison <chris@...>

Hi Dan,

Syngenta aren't the only ones to compliment you with imitation.

This is from Internal Audit in Philips Electronics (no business connection with ConocoPhillips).  I mentioned your approach to them as a great example which connected knowledge-sharing behaviours and recognition, and within a month they'd implemented this:

----------------

Eager to win, Take ownership and Team up to excel – modeling the new Internal Audit organization. We have linked the 6G’s that we came up with when shaping the Knowledge Management approach to these behaviors.

Categories:

-         Eager to win – he/she takes a customer centric approach, his/her perspective is outside in.

1.    Grab – for who has grabbed knowledge from another business

2.    Grow – for who has helped creating value in the emerging markets

-         Take ownership – he/she is not afraid to take courageous decisions, focuses on results over activity/processes.

1.    Guts – for who had the courage to share when something has gone wrong

2.    Gather – for who has consolidated knowledge for better results

-         Team up to excel – he/she is a good collaborator, celebrates success, and likes to learn, improve, develop.

1.    Glue – for who has created synergies in a large company like Philips, bringing together departments, grouping teams that use to work more against each other than with each other etc.

2.    Give – for who has shared/given valuable knowledge

on the web: www.chriscollison.com

read my blog: chriscollison.wordpress.com

see me on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/chriscollison             Chris Collison

email me: chris@...                                                        Knowledgeable Ltd...

call my mobile: +44 7841 262900                                                Because all of us are smarter than any of us.

link in with me: www.linkedin.com/in/chris_collison

follow me on twitter: chris_collison