From: Nancy G. Faget
To: tammybearden@...
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 10:14 AM
Subject: Re: [sikmleaders] Mentoring Programs
I would love to hear about the Generational Buddies program!  Brilliant idea, and very broadly applicable

From: Tammy Bearden
To: "sikmleaders@..." <sikmleaders@...>
Date: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 9:01 AM

Jake,
Please share more about your context, as I am not familiar with your role or company.

We have done a Generational Buddies program that was very effective for bringing the Millenials into an understanding of our history and how things have worked over time, while they taught the Boomers (or at least veterans within the company) about social media, new ways of working, and different ways to look at our business.
Secondary benefits were: 1)  a genuine empathy--and in many cases, a greater appreciation--for the other generation(s) within our workforce, and 2)  a more connected employee network and engagement level of (especially) the newly entering Millenial workforce.

Tammy Bearden
Hallmark Cards, Inc