Re: Content Mangement Systems #content-management

Michael Dieterle

Lisa,

I concur with the previous commenters and want to stress that the evaluation of different vendors highly depends on your business requirements and capabilities!

For instance, the flexibility and customizability of SharePoint might be a great fit if you have complex processes or taxonomies and a technology department that can support a more traditional IT centric implementation effort and ongoing maintenance (although Office 365 might present a compromise here).

On the other hand, if you are looking for a more social answer to your content problems, you have to put a stronger emphasis on the cultural implications of this project if your organization is not ready to adopt this new way of working. I'd argue this goes beyond the traditional change management challenges of adopting a new technology.

In short, having clarity about objectives, business requirements and organizational readiness is essential to making the right choice.

Best Regards,

Michael Dieterle
Global Knowledge Manager
+1 (610) 400-3113