Taking on Library Services - seeking guidance #library

Tammy Bearden

In my pursuit of successful library management, I'm interested in your experiences, where applicable.

My KM responsibilities in our consumer goods company live within the insights division which also boasts of a incredible library veteran who is soon to retire. We are not hiring to fill his vacancy as I'll be taking on management of the library in addition to my current responsibilities. There is much to learn and knowledge transfer of our current library practices is progressing smoothly. If you have experience you can share, please do!

I am visiting SLA in a week, so plan to fill my mind with all things library there too. If you are going and can take a few minutes to connect in person, I'd look forward to it.

Thanks! A few of my curiosities follow below....

Best,

Tammy Bearden
Knowledge Management Leader
Consumer Understanding & Insight
Hallmark Cards, Inc.
816-545-0915 | tammy.bearden@hallmark.com

--How do you align the library with the larger corporate mission?

--What are your primary library deliverables and services?

--What best practices or leading edge practices are you employing?

--What changes do you foresee making in the next 1-3 years?

--What other Corporate Libraries should I study in pursuit of successful library management?