Re: Yammer (or other similar tools) usage policies? #Yammer

Nicky Hayward-Wright

As a business and enterprise Yammer client you get access to the Yammer Community Network (YCN) - ask your Customer Success Manager for access. Within YCN there are plenty of examples of usage policies for both internal and external networks.

Our Parent Network (internal) usage policy is based on our 10 Principles of Online Behaviour, which I developed and the verified with staff at a social media knowledge cafe. This guideline is support by our Social Media Policy.

Only Do Good .... follow the 10 Principles of Online Engagement

At a glance:

1. Follow relevant policies and guidelines
2. Be a good GS1 Australia ambassador (relevant for external Networks)
3. Be transparent (relevant for external Networks)
4. Protect your own privacy
5. Add value to build a sense of community
6. Consider what you say before you say it
7. Respect people's privacy
8. Admit a mistake and fix it
9. Consider copyright and use discretion when publishing content
10. Make sure your personal online activities don’t interfere with your job performance

The external networks' usage policy is based on the above, however modified for the group and if required regulatory requirements; i.e. includes Trade Practice's Act.

Welcome to GS1 Australia XXX Network! Our goal is to provide a collaborative environment for you to connect with other members of the GS1 Australia XXX Network, post questions and comments, provide feedback, share resources, store and access meeting material.

This Network is 'self moderating' with community management support.

Rules of online Conduct:

Your activity on GS1 Australia XXX Network is governed by the following guidelines:

  • Everything that said in this Network remains in this Network. Members share confidential information and stories; this confidentially must be respected.

  • Don’t do anything that may reflect negatively on you or your company.

  • Remain respectful - Consider what you say before you say it. Use clear, friendly language. Remember when challenging, you are challenging the opinion or argument and not the person.

  • Respect people’s privacy.

  • Add value to build a sense of community. News is informative, statements are interesting, questions provoke thought and judgments limit exploration; use each one wisely.

  • Admit a mistake and fix it.

  • Consider intellectual property (including copyright) and use discretion when publishing content.

Trade Practices Notice:

Participants on GS1 work groups, or other similar bodies, must always remember the purpose of the work group is to enhance the ability of all industry members to compete more efficiently and effectively to provide better value to the consumer or end user.

GS1 activity almost always involves the cooperation of competitors; therefore great care must be taken to assure compliance with trade practices laws in Australia and in other jurisdictions.

Hope the above is useful.

Regards
Nicky Hayward-Wright
Senior Advisor, Knowledge Management