Re: PKM solution using SharePoint & other MS tools #SharePoint #PKM

Jack Vinson <jackvinson@...>

My first reaction is that I can't think of much "personal" about SharePoint, but there are some possibilities if you can hook intelligently into Outlook (where people spend FAR too much of their time).  Like the widgets that show network activity of people in an email - both within the SharePoint network and in the larger network, such as on LinkedIn.  Maybe there is something similar for Yammer?

And SharePoint does have capability for blogs and personal file shares. But I don't know how effective people are finding these tools - and how likely they are to use them, even if they do exist.

Regards-

--
Jack Vinson
(m) 847.212.5789

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 8:47 AM, Andre <andregalitsky@...> wrote:
I'm working on developing a Personal Knowledge Management (PKM) solution for a potential client.  They're a Microsoft shop and want to leverage SharePoint 2010 and other MS tools (OneNote, etc.).  Just wondering if anyone can share their thoughts/experiences on doing something like this.

Thank you for your time.

Andre Galitsky
Richmond, VA

<*> Your email settings: