Re: PKM solution using SharePoint & other MS tools #SharePoint #PKM

gordonvalawebb <gvalawebb@...>

I think Matt and Stephen have hit on exactly the right points (first and foremost: what is the business value? Secondly that social networking platforms can - although they are tricky - can have some of the effect you're looking for (plus many others)).

Three ideas I'd offer:
  1. there can be a business continuity risk (i.e. key player(s) who could leave at any time) that can be a strong business driver (but requires the organization to be focused on where that risk really is). You can build on top of existing risk processes to find and mitigate these risks
  2. K transfer from departing staff to existing (or even future staff) is very context dependent - you likely need a portfolio of approaches (e.g. have them write stuff down (and there are various ways to do that) or pair newbie with "oldie" in overlap period or do a video taped interview or put "oldie" on retainer to answer questions once they've left or . . .
  3. Its not just the "K" - it can also the hand off of relationships / networks

All the best,

Gordon