Re: A Comprehensive "21st Century Organization Science" #name

gordonvalawebb <gvalawebb@...>

I agree heartily that the question that faces large, complex, organizations is how to be "smart" - and that this requires an inter-disciplinary approach - in my view a design-based approach rooted in integrative thinking and starting from a wicked problem perspective.

I just posted a slide deck on why our organizations are not smart and what you can do about it. To see it go to the homepage of my website: http://www.dynamicadaptation.com/ . There is other info there in my blog and under the resources tab (including a recorded webinar on the topic).

As to what to call this science? and practice? I'm not sure; how about organizational management (for really it is about how best to manage organizations).

Gordon