Gamification in KM - real experiences #gamification

Matt Moore <innotecture@...>

Hi,

There's been a lot of talk about applying "gamification" - e.g. this APQC overview here: http://www.apqc.org/knowledge-base/documents/gamification-knowledge-management-apqc-overview

I myself have ambiguous thoughts about it: I think in the short term they can create some buzz. However ultimately KM applications have to offer value to those using them from a work effectiveness perspective - regardless of whether you get points from using them.

So I'd be interested in people's experiences of gamification & KM - both positive & negative - recognising that the less successful efforts may not get publicised in the literature. Feel free to drop me a line off-list also.

Cheers,

Matt