Re: Gamification in KM - real experiences #gamification

Bill Dixon

There are some pretty interesting examples of successful applications of gamification in science.  Leveraging citizen scientists to map the human genome comes immediately to mind.  CheckOut http://www.fiercebiotechit.com/special-reports/fierces-top-5-feats-life-sciences-gamification

I think the article does a pretty good job implicating key success factors.  There's been lots of conceptual discussion in pharma about ways to leverage gamification in practice, particularly regarding specific disease states.  I'm not sure anyone has gotten it right yet but there are exciting success stories.

BD

On May 9, 2013, at 9:04 AM, Stephen Bounds <km@...> wrote:

Hey Matt,

I haven't been "gamified" but I do feel that it's likely to live or die
by how seriously management take it.

I wrote up some thoughts on the topic about a month ago here:
http://bounds.net.au/node/99

Cheers,
-- Stephen.

Stephen Bounds