Re: Components of an internal Social Strategy #strategy #social-business

Arthur Shelley

Hi Dan,

I think a social aspects are critical to trust, knowledge (creation, sharing, application...), relationships and the Behavioural environment - all also critical components of a knowledge strategy. The two are completely interdependent. Effective knowledge sharing and transfer requires trust and social interaction and this is enhanced by considered integration with social tools.

It is great you have the opportunity to reinforce the connections between them. I will be interested to hear the outcomes.

Arthur
Tweeting as Metaphorage

On 04/07/2013, at 5:03, "Ranta, Dan" <dan.ranta@...> wrote:

I have drafted an internal social strategy, which in many ways, is simply a version of our Knowledge Sharing (KS) strategy.  The opportunity came up for us when several groups began talking about an internal social strategy as if it was completely disconnected from our KS strategy.  It also has come up in the context of facebook-like technology that promises to establish “enterprise social” overnight.

In any case, I would like to use this group as a sounding board – providing feedback on this subject and on the components I have included in our draft internal social strategy.

Components or Sections

  • Our Commitment on internal social
  • Reiteration of our KS Vision
  • Word on what a social strategy actually is about for us (creating and enhancing relationships / connections in the context of adding business value)
  • High-level, business-base value proposition statements connected to social
  • Final comment on our collective expectations of internal social

Thanks, Dan