Re: Professional Services KM Framework (Software Industry) #metrics #maturity

Thomas Blumer

Hi Al,

Thank you for sharing your framework. I particularly liked Figure 3: "Defense R&D Canada as a system"

From a professional Services perspective, does anyone has good KPIs for such a model? Things I could think of that are important, but maybe not the best metrics because they focus on activity instead of outcome are:

Create:
-Training days
-Certifications acquired

Manage:
-Issues solved in forums

Use:
-Implementation days without escalation to R&D
-Number of escalations that happened too late
-Number of escalations that could have been avoided with proper training

Lost Knowledge:
-Turnover
-Retirements

Please let me know what worked for you well in the past. I still wonder if our VP of Support and the VP of Services actually agree to capture some of these metrics as they may reveal fundamental knowledge gaps.

Thanks,

Thomas

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 6:29 AM, Simard, Albert <albert.simard@...> wrote:

Thomas – See the following for a paper on Knowledge Services best practices.

http://cradpdf.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/PDFS/unc121/p536618_A1b.pdf

I am currently working on an architecture to implement the framework.

Al Simard