Re: Knowledge Management Dichotomy #discussion-starter

Minu Mittal

Great discussion, and great comments.

I concur that knowledge management is technology agnostic, and technology is just an enabler. Also, singularly neither IT nor HR nor marketing can make KM win, it as to be KM that collaborates all, and hence win.

Stuart, I really like your analogy to F1. This is what I have been saying while I am making a staffing business case for dedicated KM resource as against everyone (HR, IT, Marketing) doing a portion of work, as in that case noone is accountable.

Does anyone have real case examples of failure due to not having a dedicated KM manager?

Thanks,
Minu

Minu Mittal

Global Knowledge Services