Re: Your KM vision requested #vision

Neil Olonoff

Jim - in response to the KM vision question: here is my answer, which is also published on my Linkedin page at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/social-km-rise-neil-olonoff

=====

Unquestionably, it is social media.

Statistics of social media's astronomical growth are staggering; it has utterly pervaded our work and consciousness. Frankly, it's no longer a trend, any more than basic telephony or email. It just is part of our world.

KM and social media are very different, but they overlap around the notion of human connection. KM was talking about “communities” fifteen years before the word was co-opted by the Web 2.0 folks.

Today, there’s a divide between “professional KM” and “personal social media.” In the next three years, we will see more convergence, until they are nearly indistinguishable.

=====

Neil Olonoff
Mobile: 703.283.4157
Skype: nolonoff

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 8:44 AM, 'Lee, Jim' jlee@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

Folks, on behalf of our research group, APQC would like to enlist your assistance. Please note the request below and if you are interested, simply post a reply in this group. I don’t think that this request violates any group use rules, but if it does please accept my apologies.

APQC is asking KM professionals to give us 75-100 words on the following question…

‘What trend, innovation, or development do you anticipate having the greatest impact on KM over the next 3 years, and why?’

We will collect all the answers and post best ones to our blog and to our knowledge base where our 450 member companies will have access to it. Along with your response, please include name, a 1-sentence bio, and any links to Social Media profiles you are active on so if we post your answer people will be able to connect with you on Social Media.

Please return your answer by end of day February27th.

Jim Lee

KM Senior Adviser, APQC

+1-713-685-4764 – vmail (office)

+1-216-338-3548 – mobile (direct)