Re: Your KM vision requested #vision

john@...

Jim, thanks for the great question and focused timeframe.

I believe the greatest development in KM within 3 years is going to be a shift from our primary focus on organizational knowledge transfer - to a primary focus on organizational learning transformation, where knowledge and transfer happen as a direct involvement but not as the primary objective.

The term Knowledge Management today is used many times as a synonym for knowledge sharing, without any context to the larger requirements and many phases, including innovation, of organizational learning.

But accomplishing this goal will require adoption of new models to replace DIKW, PDCA, etc., some of which already exist, but we are still stuck using Information Age models.

John Lewis, Ed.D.
John Lewis, Ed.D.