Re: Enterprise Patterns of User Profiles #expertise-location #profiles

Harman Jon GBJH <jon.harman@...>

I looked at various systems (e.g. Metasight from The Morphix Company) for generating user profiles several years ago.  They did this by looking at titles of emails that people sent and received and so deduced the interests and likely skills of that person.  As you can imagine there were many data protection concerns at that time and probably still would be now.  However, the world is moving this way – Amazon knows what I am interested in because of my activity on its site.

I would recommend that the profiles are stored in one central place, such as Sharepoint profiles, and then other systems look up on this.

Jon Harman
R&D Networks and Knowledge Management Team

Networks & Learning Lead

Office: Jealott's Hill, Building 89/8
Phone: +44 (0)1344 41 3868
Mobile: +44 (0)77383 12889