Re: Rethinking KM - Transactional and Strategic KM #definition #strategy

Douglas Weidner

Dear Dr. Randhir,

Happy New Year to all as well.

I fully agree with your personal insights, we witness in the KM Certification realm as well

KM function growing in stature within organizations

And, I like your comment.

For an organization to be more agile, flexible or innovative, it has to adopt KM practices.

But in my experience, I would change its focus somewhat, to wit:

“The world is entering into the K Age (economy, society, … whatever) and KM successfully enables the requisite transformation.”

So, KM isn’t just a toolbox of tactical skills and approaches, as desirable as they may be, but KM addresses the strategic, transformational issues as well, of which there are many.

Douglas Weidner, Chief CKM Instructor

Chairman, International Knowledge Management Institute

Home of KMBOK™, KMM™ and the KM Transformation Solution
www.kminstitute.org