From: sikmleaders@... [mailto:sikmleaders@...]
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2016 2:01 PM
To: sikmleaders@...
Subject: Re: [sikmleaders] Knowledge Transfer Tool

Here is my general outline

Planning session with retiree

Determine critical knowledge from retiree viewpoint

Define resources (documents & people) of knowledge

List who seeks support from retiree

Determine plan to collect and store retiree knowledge library

Planning session with people who seek support from retiree

Include retiree peers and organization + include replacement

Determine critical knowledge needed from their viewpoint – Critical Knowledge Form is a guide

Compare knowledge needs with retiree knowledge list and determine knowledge gaps

Build plan to transfer knowledge and fill gaps

David Smith

On Jul 14, 2016, at 2:28 PM, jeffrey.keefer@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

I was asked to develop and use a knowledge transfer tool for a retiring senior staff member who has a lot of specialized knowledge we need to capture before he leaves (and before his replacement gets hired). This is similar to some knowledge audit work I am doing, though I think it requires more of a checklist that will then lead to conversations or at least prework to conversations we will then need to have about all of this.

Does anybody have a standard tool for this that I can borrow as a template and then adapt?

Thank you.

Jeffrey