Mandating platforms #tools

cjam_roxxx <chris.johannessen@...>

Edited

Greetings all, I am new to this group (thanks to Stan); my name is
Chris Johannessen, and I do KM work for GE.

My specialty is more along the lines of KM technology; I am
wondering what this thread thinks of the idea of mandating
particular types of technology for knowledge work (standard
platforms, etc.), which would help with knowledge harvesting. For
example, strongly encouraging usage of expert systems &#92; blogs &#92;
community apps that are tied to email, to try to get the tacit
knowledge out of the email stream and into a searchable, centralized
system.

- CJ ?

PS: I'll be at KM World if anyone wants to meet up and chat in
person.