Re: Any Experience Here with Virtual Agents/Chat Bots? #AI #call-center

Jamie Martino

Hello Rob,

Yes, the requirements, objectives, KPIs are still being defined, as well as how we'll use, re-use, and improve our KBs from the knowledge/ insights that we gain from these future chatbot interactions. It will be interesting to see if having a neutral interface (not directly done on a specific HR, IT, etc. Help Desk) will allow for more/ before un-asked questions given the free text, no distinct, pre-set categories, and how we can (re)train/ teach our Users, KBs, with that information.

One thing that I did learn in our meeting today was that Microsoft now has a Qna Maker which can help create/ feed the database from which the bot derives its answers.
Microsoft Cognitive Services - QnA Maker

Manual work will still need to be done in terms of rules, etc., but at least we can dump our KB into the Qna Maker in order to test the ease of use.

Great advice from everyone, so again, thank you!
Best,
Jamie

---In sikmleaders@..., <rbogue@...> wrote :

Jamie –

Can I suggest that you have them define the requirements before building starts?  This feels like a “it’s cool” project rather than one that’s being pursued to address a specific objective.

If you start with what are the barriers or friction points that you hope to solve – and then drive into enough detail to identify the content that needs to be highlighted… you may find that you’ll end up driving the Chat bot with search in the first place.  If that’s the case, you could work on getting it so that search returned the right results.  From there if you still needed the additional interface of a chat bot it could be built…

You may not be able to stop this train but I tend to like train tracks down before I get the train rolling.

Rob

Robert L. Bogue