Re: Any Experience Here with Virtual Agents/Chat Bots? #AI #call-center

Jamie Martino

Hello Rob, 

Yes, the requirements, objectives, KPIs are still being defined, as well as how we'll use, re-use, and improve our KBs from the knowledge/ insights that we gain from these future chatbot interactions. It will be interesting to see if having a neutral interface (not directly done on a specific HR, IT, etc. Help Desk) will allow for more/ before un-asked questions given the free text, no distinct, pre-set categories, and how we can (re)train/ teach our Users, KBs, with that information.

One thing that I did learn in our meeting today was that Microsoft now has a Qna Maker which can help create/ feed the database from which the bot derives its answers.
Microsoft Cognitive Services - QnA Maker

Manual work will still need to be done in terms of rules, etc., but at least we can dump our KB into the Qna Maker in order to test the ease of use. 

Great advice from everyone, so again, thank you!
Best, 
Jamie

---In sikmleaders@..., <rbogue@...> wrote :

Jamie –

Can I suggest that you have them define the requirements before building starts?  This feels like a “it’s cool” project rather than one that’s being pursued to address a specific objective.

If you start with what are the barriers or friction points that you hope to solve – and then drive into enough detail to identify the content that needs to be highlighted… you may find that you’ll end up driving the Chat bot with search in the first place.  If that’s the case, you could work on getting it so that search returned the right results.  From there if you still needed the additional interface of a chat bot it could be built…

You may not be able to stop this train but I tend to like train tracks down before I get the train rolling.

Rob

-------------------

Robert L. Bogue

Find me Phone: (317) 844-5310  Blog: http://www.thorprojects.com/blog

Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 9:36 AM
To: sikmleaders@...
Subject: [sikmleaders] Re: Any Experience Here with Virtual Agents/Chat Bots?

Hello to all, 

Thank you so much for your very quick and thought provoking responses. 

Robert - yes, this is still my question as well. The only response I have today it that we are looking for a quick win as this will be in-house built (not licensed, etc.), connected to our various systems via APIs, and integrating a natural language service as well as AI agent. Regardless of what we do with the chatbot, I know that some processes, systems, etc. will need to be upgraded, fixed, etc. in order for this to gain traction, and widen its scope. We'll start small and then expand.

Stephen and Frank - great questions to ask as well. The project is wholly-owned by IT and will involve the participation of other departments in the future. My main concern is the collection, feeding, ownership of data, its related governance, analysis, and re-usability (decoupling). 

I don't have answers to all of these, but welcome any other comments/ suggestions.

Thanks again!

Jamie

Join main@SIKM.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.