From: SIKM Leaders <sikmleaders@...>
Date: Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 8:25 PM
To: SIKM Leaders <sikmleaders@...>
Subject: Re: [sikmleaders] Gartner on KM

Hi Frank:

Gartner specically emphasizes in the presentation that KM is not about technology alone but forms a lesser, but integral part, of people and process. Technology is also becoming more and more ingrained in what we do on a day2day basis so technology can not be excluded from what we do. The bigger part of KM is how to make the knowledge sharing connection between people and how to design organizations or networks effectively so that available knowledge is used and learning takes place. The problem is that KM does not have a real home: The KM subject, shaped academically by philosophist but put on the business agenda by economists, followed by social social and mathematics/information scientist. Like so many subjects, KM is a multidiscplenary endeavour where all 3 disciplines have to act together to make it work.

Daan