Re: KM Newbie going to KMWorld 2017 #KMWorld #KM101

Edwin K. Morrris

Good day Cody,

Exciting KM times indeed. I offer conversation if you care to chat. We could Zoom or telephone.

It sounds like your organization has it’s head in the right space for knowledge ecosystem conservation.

Yours in knowledge,

Edwin

Check out our latest podcast:  Because you need to know        

Edwin K. Morris   M.S., CKMP
President and Founder of Pioneer Knowledge Services

What is Knowledge Management?

Office 330.593.5850  Mobile-Text 520.508.3737

https://pioneer-ks.org/ ekmo64 (Skype)  234.542.5836 fax

Sent: Friday, 20 October, 2017 9:27 PM
To: sikmleaders@...
Subject: [sikmleaders] KM Newbie going to KMWorld 2017

Hello all,

I am a new KM practitioner looking to incorporate Knowledge Management at my company, Apeel Sciences.  In brief, my company makes edible products from natural plant extracts that allow organic and conventional growers to reduce reliance on pesticides, increase produce quality, and provide superior shelf life.  Our success thus far has been directly linked to our ability drive innovation from scientific experimentation.  We recognize that the failure to capture, iterate and expand our current knowledge is essential for our future.  

With this in mind, I am leading the charge into Knowledge Management for our company and will be attending KMWorld 2017 to learn more about the industry, connect with others, and determine what practices can most beneficial for my company. 

Currently, we are planning to roll out a wiki-based knowledge management system and I would love to hear about other people's experiences with this type platform.  What were some of the critical steps for your success?  What are some potential roadblocks to be aware of and how would one potentially overcome them?  

If you are going to KMWorld 2017 and can offer some advice about running KM initiatives at R&D-based companies, I would love to connect with you in person - maybe over a meal or drink if you'd like.  

And for those who are not attending and think you might have some advice, please comment on this thread or we could connect over the phone.

I'm really excited to learn more about Knowledge Management and to learn more from you all!  Thank you all in advance.

Best regards,
Cody

Join main@SIKM.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.