Re: KM Newbie going to KMWorld 2017 #KMWorld #KM101

Linda Hummel

Hi Cody
I highly recommend taking Stan Garfield’s KM 101 workshop offered the day before the conference starts, and picking up his book “proven practices for promoting a knowledge management program”.
Attending a conference like KM world is a great way to jumpstart your knowledge about KM. I would also recommend your firm look into a membership at APQC, which does excellent research on KM and shares their benchmarking reports with their members.
And of course participating in this community of practitioners – especially attending the monthly SIKM calls and searching through past threads – is a great way to build your network and learn from others.
Congrats on your decision to leverage your companies knowledge!
Best regards, Linda