Re: Anyone have any contacts at Ideo? #SNA-ONA-VNA

Valdis Krebs <valdis@...>

Tom, can you be more descriptive of the Ideo contact you would like to make? People have multiple paths to them thru multiple interests/ associations/memberships [like you & the IBM/PGE exec you described] -- the more we know the more alternate paths we may be able to come up with.

On Dec 11, 2007, at 12:43 PM, Tom Short wrote:

Looked good on paper - didn't work. Not only did I not get any offers for help from the two or three people I asked in my network, I didn't even get a reply from them to my request! The nerve of some people ;-)
This is what happens when people "over-connect" -- it is easy to accept a connection request, but then a hassle to help one of those connections, who is really a stranger. Those people who will connect with anyone are sometimes derisively called "link whores". We all suffer when the paths are blocked/diverted by link whores. Tom, you are probably not making it down the path because of someone else's poor choice of connections.

Valdis