Re: Anyone have any contacts at Ideo? #SNA-ONA-VNA

Stan Garfield

--- In sikmleaders@..., Valdis Krebs wrote:
> I'd be interested in hearing both + and - experiences in meeting key
> people through a connection via LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.

Hi, Valdis.

As Dave Snowden suggested, the status line in Facebook can be used to ask for contacts.  Tony Karrer's status line once said that he was looking for social networking gurus.  Several people replied with contacts (the list I sent to Tony is at http://h20325.www2.hp.com/blogs/garfield/archive/2007/10/15/4758.html ).

LinkedIn has been useful in finding details about people who contact me through other channels.  I can search for them in LinkedIn and figure out where they are located, their current organization, etc.  It is also a good way to let others maintain their own contact info, including email address, so that it is current when I need to contact them.

Regards,

Stan