Re: KM and Innovation #maturity #innovation #success-stories #assessment

Cristina Whelan

Hi Kate

This is such a great resource. Thank you for sharing!

The synergies between KM and innovation are so relevant and are boosting the resurgence of KM in many organisations.  

Thanks again

Cristina.

Cristina Whelan

Knowledge Manager, Growth & Advisory Services

grantthornton.global

Sent: 22 April 2018 19:46
To: sikmleaders@...
Subject: Re: [sikmleaders] KM and Innovation

Hello, Soha

I hope you are well. A number of the sikm members and I wrote Smarter Innovation (Ark Group, 2014)  on the topic of how collaboration and KM enable, and are enabled by, innovation.  This might be a fun reference for you, as there are a variety of lenses. I put summaries of the chapters on alignconsultinginc.com (click on the book cover). I hope you let us all know how this progresses!

Kate

Katrina Pugh

Ernst & Young Advisory Services

Faculty, Columbia University Information and Knowledge Strategy Master's Program

617 967 3910

On Apr 17, 2018, at 9:06 AM, Douglas Weidner douglas.weidner@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

Dear Soha,

At the KM Institute, we have a Knowledge Maturity Model (KMM)(tm), which is unique for two reasons. 

1. It is not only a traditional diagnostic/assessment tool, but prescriptive as well.
  2. It is not focused on just KM maturity, but on all the critical elements for K-Age success, including: transformational change mgmt, human capital, customer satisfaction, and of course innovation.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                If you have an interest in knowing more (or any other sikm member, just send me an email at douglas.weidner@...  

Douglas Weidner

Exec Chairman, Chief CKM Instructor

KM Institute

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 12:33 AM, soharadwan@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I am working in a governmental organization. We have a KM unit, KM strategy and tools. We have recently expanded our scope to be a KM and Innovation management (KIM) department. Accordingly we are working on modifying our strategy to be  KM and Innovation (KIM) strategy. We are currently assessing our KM maturity and Innovation readiness level, and conducting analysis for the strategy.

What am looking for now is to find:

- Simple yet effective KM and Innovation models ( that combine both KM and innovation) to build/ base the KIM strategy on.

- Assessment Tools that measure both KM maturity and Innovation readiness levels (through a single tool)

- Any practical models/ examples/ case-studies  of integrating KM and Innovation.

I am keen to focus on simple, focused and practical models and avoid theoretical and complicated ones, so our approach is understood across the organization and buy-in is gained.

Thanks a lot :)

Soha.

Grant Thornton International Ltd (GTIL) is a company limited by guarantee incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 05523714 (registered office: Grant Thornton International Ltd, 20 Fenchurch Street, Level 25, London, EC3M 3BY). GTIL and the member firms are not a worldwide partnership. Services are delivered by the member firms. GTIL and its member firms are not agents of, and do not obligate, one another and are not liable for one another’s acts or omissions. Please see www.GrantThornton.global for further details.

The name “Grant Thornton”, the Grant Thornton logo, including the Mobius symbol/device, and “Instinct for Growth” are trademarks of GTIL. All copyright is owned by GTIL, including the copyright in the Grant Thornton logo; all rights are reserved.

This email (and any attachments) is confidential and may also be legally privileged. Anything in this email (and any attachments) which does not relate to official business of GTIL is neither given nor endorsed by GTIL. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and destroy any copies of it (and any attachments).

Join main@SIKM.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.