To: sikmleaders@...
From: katrina.pugh@...
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 16:15:51 -0500
Subject: [sikmleaders] Does anyone have tool for cleaning reporting documentum (doc mgt system) hits and downloads?

Hi, all –

We need to report the ROI for our entire knowledge management system. At present, the tools of collaboration and document management are loosely coupled. People will click through the web interface (which we can track) but access "certified" knowledge in the document management system.

I would like to calculate the likely reuse value based on the number of actual downloads (and search results) in Documentum, but the challenge is that I'm hearing that "the tool was not made to do that type of reporting." The developers say that this would require capturing and storing the log file (very very big), and then writing code to do siphon of our counts and metadata, and then generate reports off of it.

That seems like unusually big expense for something that would seem to me to be a very common problem among knowledge managers looking to measure the impact of document management repositories. Has anyone seen or built a tool to do this?

Thanks

Kate

Katrina Pugh
VP, Knowledge Management
IT Center of Excellence
Fidelity Investments, Personal and Workplace Investing
400 Puritan Way M3J
Marlborough, MA 01752
(O) 508 357 3236
(M) 781 258 0920
katrina.pugh@fmr.com
Email
Confidentiality Notice: The information in this email and subsequent attachments may contain confidential information that is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). This message or any part thereof must not be disclosed, copied, distributed or retained by any person without authorization from Fidelity Investments.

Get the power of Windows + Web with the new Windows Live. Get it now!