To: sikmleaders@...
From: john.mcquary@...
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 21:55:47 +0000
Subject: [sikmleaders] Re: Does anyone have tool for cleaning reporting documentum (doc mgt system) hits and downloads?

Kate,

I would encourage you to look for additional methods to demonstarte
the value of knowledge sharing and collaboration. We do have
extensive usage statistics, but concentrating on them diminshes the
value of people-to-people connections. The usage metrics also tend
to drive to a cost savings perspective rather than a value generation
view.

We use our usage metrics to demonstrate the level of activity in the
tool, and use success stories to convey the value being generated.

Regards,
John McQuary
Vice President
Knowledge Management and Technology Strategies

Fluor Corporation
One Fluor Daniel Drive
Sugar Land, TX 77478-3899

281-263-2533 (w)
281-263-2101 (f)

--- In sikmleaders@yahoogroups.com, "Pugh, Katrina"
...> wrote:

> Hi, all -
>
> We need to report the ROI for our entire knowledge management
system. At
> present, the tools of collaboration and document management are
loosely
> coupled. People will click through the web interface (which we can
> track) but access "certified" knowledge in the document management
> system.
>
> I would like to calculate the likely reuse value based on the
number of
> actual downloads (and search results) in Documentum, but the
challenge
> is that I'm hearing that "the tool was not made to do that type of
> reporting." The developers say that this would require capturing and
> storing the log file (very very big), and then writing code to do
siphon
> of our counts and metadata, and then generate reports off of it.
>
> That seems like unusually big expense for something that would seem
> me to be a very common problem among knowledge managers looking to
> measure the impact of document management repositories. Has anyone
seen
> or built a tool to do this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Kate
>

> Katrina Pugh
> VP, Knowledge Management
> IT Center of Excellence
> Fidelity Investments, Personal and Workplace Investing
> 400 Puritan Way M3J
> Marlborough, MA 01752
> (O) 508 357 3236
> (M) 781 258 0920
> katrina.pugh@...
> Email pugh@...> Confidentiality Notice: The
> information in this email and subsequent attachments may contain
> confidential information that is intended solely for the attention
and
> use of the named addressee(s). This message or any part thereof
must not
> be disclosed, copied, distributed or retained by any person without
> authorization from Fidelity Investments.

Watch “Cause Effect,” a show about real people making a real difference. Learn more