Re: SharePoint Libraries: categories vs folders - a tactical question for the community #SharePoint

folder structure is believed to be old structure. categilories will act as groups. in sabrepoint the same document can't be put in 2 or more folders even the document falls under multiple folder topics unless you duplicate the files. so categories should be best solution. correct me if I am wrong friends. I had implemented SharePoint long time back around 2010-11 in an international organisation. 

hope this helps.
----
Deependra Tandukar
http://deependra.tandukar.net

A 'TEAM' is not a group of people who work together, rather it's a group of people who 'TRUST' each other.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 9/28/18 20:16 (GMT+05:45)
To: sikmleaders@...
Subject: [sikmleaders] SharePoint Libraries: categories vs folders - a tactical question for the community

Hi All - in the processing of rolling  out  SharePoint to the enterprise. We are already committed to introducing mandatory metadata tagging through SharePoint term stores. With regard to 'libraries' someone on the team has suggested turning off the ability to create folders and teaching colleagues how to use the categories feature. My question is whether any of you have forced the category feature and turned off the folders function? Greatly appreciate your thoughts and experience..

Join main@SIKM.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.