BAES implemented the LM approach over the last five years.

So, if your paper is recent it should document that approach. I should read it.😁

Douglas Weidner

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 7:15 PM Murray Jennex murphjen@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

my paper's approach was developed with BAE, another defense contractor.....murray jennex

-----Original Message-----
From: Douglas Weidner douglas.weidner@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...>
To: sikmleaders <sikmleaders@...>
Sent: Tue, May 14, 2019 7:24 am
Subject: Re: [sikmleaders] Question for the KM community

Connie, Murray,

There is a proven K Transfer and Continuity technique, which we teach at the KM Institute as a specialty course (certification).

It was invented originally (about 2007) by Lockheed Martin. Recent university research claims it captures 91% of critical K of retiring folks, compared to 61% for one-on-one mentoring/coaching, and a very low % for traditional exit interviews. It works.

Douglas Weidner

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 9:54 PM Murray Jennex murphjen@... [sikmleaders] <sikmleaders@...> wrote:

Connie, as to your 4th bullet, I also totally agree with it.  To counter this attitude I piloted a process for organizations to identify knowledge that was at risk of walking out the door before it walks out the door and laid out some processes to capture that knowledge.  The paper is:

Jennex, M.E., (2014). “A Proposed Method for Assessing Knowledge Loss Risk with Departing Personnel”  VINE: The Journal of Information and Knowledge Management Systems, 44(2), pp. 185-209.

I'm happy to send the paper to anyone who wants it but I can't post to the list as the list seems to think it has malware (I've scanned the file and it comes out okay so not sure what the issue is)

thanks....murray