2019 Midwest KM Symposium #conferences

Stan Garfield

Join us for the 7th Midwest Knowledge Management (KM) Symposium, ‘(Positively) Disrupting Your Business with KM’, on August 8-9, 2019, in Cincinnati, Ohio. This is a small-scale free event (90 attendees maximum) that will be held at Western & Southern Financial Group in Cincinnati.

Register for the symposium by July 31.

What’s On Tap?

On Thursday afternoon the 8th, John Hovell has offered to lead an optional ‘Organization Workshop’ – “an immersive, experiential workshop that serves a way to see, hear and feel how an organizational system tends to work, and what you can do to support any system” followed by an optional group dinner. You won’t want to miss it. Friday the 9th features our full day symposium that combines a variety of topics presented in a range of engaging formats.

This event is an effort driven by knowledge management professionals from organizations including Western & Southern Financial Group, Accenture, EY, Pioneer Knowledge Services, and STRATactical International to share ideas and insights related to the knowledge management space.

Interested in Presenting?

We’re seeking speaker proposals that emphasize the breadth of KM practices. As always, the committee will look to represent the range of our community’s thought leadership with a focus on the following range of delivery formats:

  • TED-type storytelling—bring your from-the-field stories (the wins or the losses) in a 20-min session
  • PechaKucha - 20 x 20 presentation format where you show 20 images, each for 20 seconds. The images advance automatically, and you talk along to the images.
  • Keynote—highlighting in-depth topics and/or major trends
  • Game/Exercise – present a concept using a simple game or exercise
  • Peer-assist session—propose your problem statement and we’ll poll the KM experts in the room
  • BYOF – Bring Your Own Format – don’t see a format that suits your style? Propose your own format and bring that innovation to Cincinnati.

Submit a proposal by Jun 15.