Re: Identification of Potential Business Value #value

Sandra Lopez

murray jennex
 eciate if can share me the paper.

Tks.

IEO. Sandra Maria Lopez Muriel. PhD telecomunicaciones

Conscious Business Coach

Consultora Gestión del conocimiento y soluciones en Sharepoint

Docente investigador Gestión del conocimiento

El contenido de este mensaje puede ser información privilegiada y confidencial. Si usted no es el destinatario real del mismo, por favor informe de ello a quien lo envía y destrúyalo en forma inmediata.”

Yes, valuing knowledge and KM is hard and there won't be a single formula to do so.  So what I teach my students is to write a value story explaining the value you have determined and how you got there.  I tell them they may be right, they may not be right, but no one will know until they try and by writing the value story they give everyone else a place to start and comment on.  From this discussion we create a more refined value story and ultimately what the value is to our organization.  The problem for why there is no universal value story is that all organizations are a little different with different values.  No one story fits all.  My own research has validated about 20 measures that show where value in KM/knowledge use are generated..  I don't expect organizations to use all of them but rather a relevant subset comprised of those measures that are relevant to their context.  So, valuing is hard as it is organization specific.  If you'd like a copy of my paper let me know and I'll send it to you.....murray jennex