Re: Formalizing an SME Network #CoP #expertise-location

Fred Nickols

David:

The answer to your question is “It depends.”  I’m not being facetious.  There are different kinds of CoPs and if what you are talking about is a sponsored or engineered CoP, one set up at the organization’s initiative, clear goals are probably in order.  On the other hand, if the CoP is a natural or emergent CoP, started at the members’ initiative, stay away from imposing goals and objectives.

Regards,

Fred Nickols

Managing Partner

Distance Consulting LLC

“My Objective is to Help You Achieve Yours”